"Something is changing. We don't know what it is, but something is different", said the anti-health insurance reform, protest-sign-brandishing, "Tea Party-er" to the CNN news correspondent.
We know what it is.
It's Matthew 5, and 6, and 7, and 25 change!
It's Isaiah 2, and 58, and 61 change!
It's Luke 1, and 4, and 10, and 11, and 16, and 18 change!
It's Micah 4 and 6 change!
It's John 1, and 4, and 12, and 21 change!
It's Ruth, and Esther, and Amos, and Jeremiah change!
It's Mark 1, and 4, and 10, and 11 change!
This IS a season of change and we embrace it! At NY Faith & Justice we believe now is the time - right now - for us to get on our knees and pray, "Thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." And now is the time to align our hands and feet with our mouths.
NY Faith & Justice is entering a season of major change. We are returning to our roots. We are now 100% volunteer-led. And honestly; we're all pretty excited! The economic downturn has slashed non-profit staffs across the city and ours was no exception. But what we're finding is as the "paid" part leaves the "staff team" - more and more of you are stepping up, filling in gaps, and even taking the work to the next level!!!
So, this letter is full of ways you can join us and "be part of the change" coming soon! Click on the links here or scroll down for more:
1. The NY Faith & Justice Internship Program seeks Fall '09 interns to help lead major initiatives this fall. We're accepting applications now! Please email email@example.com or call 212.870.1201 for more info.
2. Walk with NY Faith & Justice in the October 11th dotORG-athon! Sign ups start now!
3. South Bronx Conversations for Change Organizer's Training THIS Saturday. Scroll down for more info and RSVP today.
4. Faith Leaders for Environmental Justice invites you to... Healthcare Reform, Environmental Justice, and You, Thurs, September 17. Scroll down for more info and RSVP today.
5. Evangelical Does Not Equal Republican...or Democrat Book Reading
Saturday, September 19, 2009
@ Hue-Man Bookstore
2319 Fredrick Douglass Blvd
New York, NY 10027
(between 124th and 125th Streets)!
Buy the book and join the discussion with Lisa Sharon Harper, as she reads sections and discusses the relevance of race, gender, and theology on evangelical responses to healthcare reform, immigration reform, and abortion.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support. We hope to see you this fall. And don't forget to follow us on Twitter and facebook.
Plus, Stephen Tickner (NYFJ Communications Intern) wrote a great article on Healthcare Reform this summer. Coming soon: Healthcare reform blog series including reflections from my time in Croatia this summer! Check it all out here on the NYFJ blog.
Be the Change!
Lisa Sharon Harper
Co-founder and Executive Director
New York Faith & Justice