Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Join the Call for Comprehensive Immigration Reform

RESTORE DUE PROCESS!

“NECESITAMOS UNA REFORMA VERDADERA!

“REDADAS NO, REFORMA SI!”

These phrases were echoed at the Judson Memorial Church in New York City on January 13th, the day in which all 50 states inaugurated the beginning of the 2010 mobilization campaign for a comprehensive immigration reform. More than 50 organizations and around 400 hundred participants attended, and the atmosphere reflected strength and hope in receiving an answer to fix the United States’ broken immigration system.

Along with this spirit for change, faith and action, we at New York Faith and Justice are excited to announce our 2010 Campaign for a Comprehensive Immigration Reform. We will join forces and activities with other organizations in New York City and New York State to ensure that legislation will be passed and approved in order to benefit millions of immigrants across the country. It is not news to learn that immigrant individuals and families live day-by-day under unjust treatment from enforcement authorities, economic and health insecurities and fear of deportation, to mention some. This is caused by the lack of political will to provide them with access to human, civic and economic rights, rights that every human being is entitled to have.

We are all made by the image of God and we strongly stand by the belief that regardless of nationality or citizenship status we all deserve respect. Let’s not allow the image of God to be crushed. We have in our hands the power to demand better conditions for our immigrant brothers and sisters and together we can achieve respect and justice for all.

“34Then the king will say to those at his right hand, “Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” Matthew 25

Hence, we invite you to follow and join our activities! If you need more information of our work on Immigration Reform or want to participate, please contact:

Samantha Mc Lane

Immigration Reform Organizer

smclane@nyfaithjustice.org

646-705-9117

No comments:

Post a Comment