The 2009 Holiday Postcard Campaign for Immigration Reform
On November 23, American Jewish Committee, New York Immigration Coalition and New York InterfaithNetwork for Immigration Reform will rally to support passage of Comprehensive Immigration Reform legislation in early 2010 by launching a Holiday Postcard Campaign for Immigration Reform, and by celebrating the contributions of immigrants to our city and nation.
Highlights of the event will include recognition of immigrant religious, civic and political leaders for their contributions to their communities and the City at large; and a tribute to the CUNY's Citizenship and Immigration Project for their success in educating and empowering immigrants.
When: Tuesday, November 23, 6 p.m. (reception)
and 7 p.m. (program).
Where: N.Y. Historical Society, 2 W. 77th Street
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg (to be confirmed)
- New York Congressional leaders Yvette Clark, Charles Rangel, Nydia Velasquez and Anthony Weiner
- City Comptroller John Liu
- City Councilmembers Margaret Chin and Ydanis Rodriguez
- Professor Allan Wernick, Director, CUNY Citizenship and Immigration Project